Friday, December 9, 2011

Joy In the Little Projects

Confession: I have the artistic abilities of a six-year-old.

I don't generally think of myself as a terribly artistic person. I'm not too bad at thinking creatively, it's the execution of said creative ideas that gets me. I've often joked if I could recreate some of my dreams (or nightmares) I'd be a billionaire music video producer or architect. Unfortunately my bank account strongly suggests I'm nowhere close to a billionaire, so I have to find joy in the little creative projects I am able to complete.

In total fairness, this creative idea was not entirely mine. It's based off a Mission:Organization post I saw in September with great fall decor ideas. I decided to put a little holiday twist on mine, and though it doesn't require much more than Kindergarten-level artistic ability (I think that's when we learned to use scissors), it's fulfilling to walk in the room and think, "Yeah, I did that."



 What You Need:
-Dollar Store Picture Frames (They don't all have to be the same size or style - get creative!)
-Scrapbook or Printer Paper
-Scissors (Fiskars Safety is optional, not required like in Kindergarten.)
-Double-sided Tape or a Glue Stick






 Step 1: Measure and cut background paper to fit frame.

 




Step 2: Trace or print letters to cut and form various words or names.








Step 3: Use double-sided tape or a glue stick to adhere letters to background paper.












Step 4: Place end product in frames, and pat yourself on the back for a creative thought well executed!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out cute! I'm all about projects that are fairly "simple", because I don't really have the time to do anything too elaborate...or if I do, it's tricky to find a space to do it in, where little hands are not reaching for my scissors or hot glue gun!

    ReplyDelete