Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Candy Dish Remix

Confession: Occasionally I fancy being fancy!

Like many little girls, I used to love hosting tea parties for my dolls and stuffed animals. They were always very polite guests and listened patiently as I droned on about my hectic day officiating a marriage ceremony for Barbie and Ken, watching Disney movies and searching incessantly for my imaginary friend, Julie (she's a Hide-and-Seek champion - I haven't seen her since 1993).

The guests varied from day to day, but one item was a constant at my parties:  the cup and saucer set from which I sipped "tea" (milk and about four scoops of sugar) that had belonged to my grandmother. I am honored to now display my grandmother's full set of tea cups and saucers in one of our hutches. Though they aren't used for many tea parties these days, it's a reminder that occasionally I fancy being fancy. So when it came time to decorate our dining room table with the usual modest center piece and candy dish, I thought I'd mix it up a bit and use wine glasses. It's probably not a viable option if you have little ones running around, but I think it's was a fun and festive way to share some holiday goodies!   


No comments:

Post a Comment